Revision and exams are two words that make my brain go…
Somehow my brain is capable of remembering a lot of crap about films, song lyrics and the stupid things I said 5 years ago. But, remembering exam content is just too much for my brain. TOO MUCH!
But there are things you can do to make this season easy for yourself:
- Don’t compare yourself to others: Honestly, I am guilty of that. If someone isn’t studying as much doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be studying. Or if someone is working 24/7, it doesn’t mean you need to do the same. You need to have your own plan. Because everyone has their personal goals and thats what they’re working towards.
- Take breaks. I know it feels like you need to cram and just revise all the time. But breaks are key. Honestly, without breaks nothing is going to go in your head. So take a break, drink some water and go for a walk. You deserve it!
- Don’t overdo the breaks. It’s easy for a 20 minute break to turn into hours and hours. I promise I will only watch one episode of friends and it turns into 2 and then 3 and there goes the plan for revision. Don’t do it. Be strict with yourself. Maybe use a timer and force yourself to go back to revision.
- Reward yourself. Plan some rewards for yourself. Maybe after a full day of revision treat yourself to your favourite food. Or buy yourself a little something to cheer you up. These little perks will keep you going through this hard season.
- Exercise. I know it takes time and you’d rather sleep or eat or do something else. But exercise is good for the brain and it will keep you healthy too. The only thing keeping me going this exam season is my gym sessions. Even if it is 15 minutes of jogging. Anything will help.
- Goals. What do you want to achieve? Have those goals in front of you everyday to remind you what you are working so hard for. Sometimes, its easy to forget that but a little reminder will push you through your lowest moments. Trust me, it helps!
- Plans. Have something to look forward to post exams. Maybe a holiday or some plans with friends. Anything to remind you that there is a rainbow after the rainy days you are going through.
Just think a few weeks of hard work and then you are done!
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL MY LOVELIES. Praying for you all ❤