I love quotes. My room (be it in University or at home) is always plastered in quotes. I thought let’s talk about some of my favourite quotes that have inspired me at certain times of my life or just make me happy.
- Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate. I heard this first on a Superwoman Vlog and it really made me think. But it really applied to this post as I started off this post with wanting to write about 10 quotes I hate but then I remembered this quote and changed it to quotes I love.
- Her secret to success is that she did it all with passion. I truly believe that if you’re not passionate about something you won’t give it your best because it doesn’t excite you enough. This hit home when I had to make a decision regarding my placement and I ended up rejecting an offer because I wasn’t passionate about the role or the products the company sold. BEST DECISION EVER!
- Travel far enough, you meet yourself! I have travelled a little this year and with every journey I have learned something about myself. About my patience, my tolerance and my persistence. It’s not always an easy path but you come closer and closer to the real you.
- Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. This quote was part of my Year 9 assembly and it has stuck with me since. It encourages me get out my comfort zone and take on new challenges. The biggest example has been this year as I moved away from everything I knew to take on a challenge and a few days back, a friend said to me that the fact that I made the move made it easier for her to get out there.
- The life changing adventure begins with a single step. My friend told me this quote as I moved to Crawley for my placement and that point it was just a quote. But little did I know the one step I took towards my placement led to me moving around different countries and going on several adventures that I could never have imagined.
- The bond between a girl and her friends is a powerful thing. With all the emphasis we place on finding the right guy, I think too many of us lose sight of one of the greatest love stories we’ll experience in life: the one with our friends. I love all of my friends for the support and love they provide. Some of my hardest days wouldn’t have been possible without them. This quote is a reminder that those friendships are very very important in life. It is important to appreciate them everyday.
- My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never miss me, and that what misses me was never meant for me. This quote makes me feel so content in life. It will all be okay and that I will get what is meant for me so why worry.
There are so many other quotes that I absolutely love but those are for another time. Quotes can be cheesy but they can be inspiring and motivating too.
Tell me your favourite quotes in the comments 🙂