Ramadan is a special month in the calendar and the important thing is to make it count!
A lot of people will say I am busy, i have to go to work, i have other responsibilities. But what they forget is that making Ramadan special is easy. Allah isn’t asking you to break mountains and read a 1000 Qurans. He will reward you for every small and big good deed. You know how simple the deeds can be:
- Help your mother, wife or other family members with the iftaar preparations. Remember they are fasting too.
- Give money to charity.It doesn’t have to be £1000, even a small donation made in the name of Allah is special.
- Pray. I know you are busy and have a billion things but pray the 5 obligatory prayers because without them you are just living without food and drink and that is not real fasting.
- Message and speak to family members and enjoy the month of Ramadan with them. For those of you who are far away, a simple message goes a long way.
- Spend some time with Allah. Some real time where you just sit on a prayer mat and speak to Allah.
Doing good doesn’t have to be hard, you just need to have the right intention.
If you are interested in getting involved in something Ramadan related, go follow: Ramadan Squad Challenge.
For my non-Muslim readers:
You can try to make everyday count. Make sure everyday you do a good deed and like I said it doesn’t have to be something huge. Smile or say hello to a strangers. Remember, it is the little things that have the biggest impact sometimes.
The more you do for others, the better you feel about yourself. So go out today and do something good.